December 20, 2011

Established Elegance

This is such a busy time for me but I decided to post this card that I made for a friend to give to her goddaughter for her 18th birthday. I used the Established Elegance stamp set and the inspiration came from Ann Schach here. Here is my card for my friend.
I started with a pretty in pink base embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I used some bordering blue cs to mat the DSP (retired) and stamped a few images from Established Elegance on the DSP and glued to the card front.
I added some scrunchy baja breeze seam binding to the top edge.
I stamped the dress form and flower from the same set and embossed with the oval from the Textured Impressions set and distressed the edges with soft suede ink, then added with dimensionals. A few flowers colored with stamp write markers were added as well a sentiment with a few rhinestones and the number 18, both mated and popped up.  I also 'attempted' to make a seam binding rose (ugh) and added a soft pink pearl.
A peek at the inside and done!
The colors really are much prettier but my photography STINKS!
Hope she'll like the card I made for her Godchild's 18th birthday!
This is my last post for 2011. Have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray...Thanks for stopping by today!
      Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
     Diane

8 comments:

Pam~ said...

Oh, Diane, this is breathtaking! Ann is a great one to get inspiration from!

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2012!

Linda Callahan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous from the color to the pearls! Your friend will love it! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful card Diane! These colors are gorgeous together--so soft and sophisticated. Perfect for an 18YO lady. Love how you've stamped directly on the DSP--it really makes it coordinate with the rest of the card. Just lovely! Happiest holiday wishes to you! ((hugs))

Nancy said...

A gorgeous vintage card, love everything about it, the colors, the design judy beautiful, great job!

Nancy said...

Oops, I must have "fat" fingers, meant to say
"just beautiful".
Hugs,
Nanc

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely stunning, Diane! Every single thing about it is perfect...from the scrunchy ribbon to the pearls! And thank you so much for the sweet shout out :) Happy holidays!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous with so any beautiful details! I'm sure your friend loved it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails