January 17, 2012

A Royal Birthday Crown! {JAI#100}

This is just a quick post for the Just Add Ink #100 theme challenge to celebrate their 100th birthday, and  the Royal theme is "Just Add Crowns". You must use a crown on your card, layout or 3D project. Fun right? Well I decided to make yet another one of these cute little boxes that uses two pieces of the milk carton die! So quick and easy and sooooooooooo darn cute. Don't ya think?
I made one just like this for my girlfriend last year in a gift set, and also made a ton of them for  Halloween table favors, Thanksgiving table favors, and Christmas table favors in my card classes. This one is simply black & white (Love that) with a touch of pink on the tag bow.
It also uses one of the SU trinket crowns, SU basic pearls, and pretty ribbon.

The flowers were punched from DSP scraps using the 5 Petal Flower and Boho Blossoms punches, then basic pearls were added to the centers.
 Here is a close up of the cute little SU 'trinket crown' hooked on the pink bow, then tied to the black ribbon that gathers to the box top.  The tag was stamped with the SU stamp set "You're  a Gem".
These cute little boxes have so many uses, and they are super simple to make. I hope you give it a try and also check out Just Add Ink other 'crown' jewels.

Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray... Thanks for stopping by today!
      Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
     Diane

10 comments:

Karen said...

So pretty and elegant Diane. I love black and white. Now you have inspired to break my die out of its packaging and try this.

Nikki Spencer said...

Adorable Diane, it is very cute and beautifully decorated too, love the the sentiment tag with the trinket attached.
Thanks for celebrating our 100th challenge with us over at JAI.

KimB said...

Very cute and very elegant - I do love that BW and pink colour combo. The crown trinket is the perfect fun finishing touch. Thanks for playing along with Just Add Ink's 100th challenge.
Kim

Mae's Cachet said...

What a pretty little box. Thanks for joining in our 100th challenge at Just Add Ink.

Nancy said...

Diane this little box is adorable of course I love the color combination of black and white and the touch of pink is perfect, no wait what is perfect is the adorable little crown, just precious, good luck on the challenge.

Nance Leedy said...

This box is just fabulous Diane! Love that pop of pink ribbon and the charm is the crowning jewel! (sorry couldn't help myself) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Now following. I found you via stampin connection.

I love this little box....it is great. My daughter wants them as treat containers for her birthday party :0)

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is adorable! And I love the pop of pink!

LeAnne said...

This is very cute....do you think the trinkets are a good value? I have passed them over in the catty thinking that I really don't need them, so I am anxious to hear what you think of them! Obviously, that crown looks good here!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Holy macaroni, how did I miss this?? I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that I am smitten with this beauty. The crown is the perfect touch! I have to get that die ASAP...you have inspired (and enabled me) yet again! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails