February 12, 2012

Seeing Double - Fire & Ice - {FMS21) {PP82}

My post today is for two challenges from two of my favorite sites; First a sketch by Lesley Croghan at Freshly Made Sketches with her "Seeing Double sketch # 21",  
and the second is a color challenge #82 by Ann Schach at The Paper Players
 called "Fire & Ice & a Neutral times 2". The colors are from Stampin' Up (poppy parade, pool party, soft suede and very vanilla).
  Now here is my card.
I used a soft suede card base then topped with poppy parade cs die cut with the new "Adorning Accents" edgelits die. I embossed 4 times with the matching "Adorning Accents" textured impressions embossing folder at different spacings.
I cut two pieces of "Everyday Enchantment" DSP using the edgelit die to fit 'into' the embossed sections, but as you can see I'm having difficulty making them match completely. I tried several times then just gave up, must be me because I can't make it totally line up at both ends. There must be a secret, so feel free to spill the beans! 
I then layered a piece of vanilla/suede script that was wrapped with a piece of pool party ruffle ribbon then glued to the card front. This piece was layered with two more die cut "Designer Frame Labels"; one in pool party to frame the second smaller very vanilla sentiment piece that I also distressed with soft suede and a dauber.
The little birds and sentiments are from the new SAB "Elementary Elegance" set. These two pieces were popped and double popped up to give dimension. I also couldn't stop messing and colored a ribbon rose with a pool party write marker and added with a glue dot.
Here is a peak at the inside using touches from the front. Did you notice I even used my scrap piece of DSP over the script on the left?
I just HATE to waste any DSP!

Well that's about it for now and I probably won't be in blogland much as I have two more crazy busy weeks ahead at work; out of state traveling for one week... oh man. I just want to stay home and get INKY!
Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray... Thanks for stopping by today!
      Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
Diane

16 comments:

My Creative Side said...

Very neat idea!! Thanks for sharing, and I just love the new paper from SU! I need more!! Very beautiful card.

Ann Schach said...

Very beautiful, Diane! I love how you used the scallops! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Clever take on the FMS sketch Diane! Love the way you've framed the sentiment with the birdies! Thank you for playing along with us at the Paper Players. Safe travels to you! ((hugs))

Karen said...

Your card is beautiful Diane. I love the use of the adorning accents on the front and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside. At first I thought I was looking at two cards. Glad to see that you made it home from Mexico and have been able to get back to playing.

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... what a great card, love how the die cut strips, and pretty colours!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

So beautiful! I love the embossed and adorned layers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

This is fabulous! You are a pro with those edgelits and framelits - wow!

Lesley said...

You rocked it Diane!! This is amazing and I am so impressed with your clever use of that die! WOW! the colours are perfect, this is the coolest card! Thanks for joining us at FMS and the Paper Players.
Hugs,
Lesley

Rita W said...

Fun use of the embossing folder and edgelit dies. Love the colors too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

How wonderful!! Love you use of the Adorning Accents and all the new things. Beautiful. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Dear Diane. What a beauty. It really stands out. It is just so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Inky hugs, Pauline

LeAnne said...

Wow, I love how you have used all the elements here! Your Soft Suede base is a nice touch, too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Nancy said...

CONGRAT'S my friend on being "Queen of Clean" at Freshly made, great card, so creative with your use of the dies!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi there, Diane! Holy macaroni, you rocked both challenges! Love the way you used those edgelit dies...I really need to order those, too. Eeek! This is fabulous, in every way! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :) BIG hugs to you!

Venus said...

Hello Diane,
Congratulations on being the Queen of Clean at FMS. Wow, your card is truly gorgeous! This is my first time to visit your blog, and I'll be back to see more!

Hugs!
Venus
http://weheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com/
ven711@gmail.com

Karen said...

Congratulations Diane for being the Queen of Clean over at Freshly Made Sketches. This card is beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails