February 14, 2016

PTI's - Paper Craft Alphabet Challenge

This last post for PTI's 9th anniversary on Heather's blog is called the Paper Alphabet Challenge.  The idea is find the letters in your first or last name and make a card using the items called out on the alphabet list. I checked both for me and decided to do my first name; Diane. Here is my card.
D - add a detail with white pen or paper piercer. I chose to pierce the center of each circle in the pretty circle borders - inside and out.
I - use an impression plate or do some type of dry embossing. I embossed the card front with a large polka dot folder to carry the theme of circles.
A - add a border. I used the border die cuts inside small and outside large.
N - try a new product that you haven't used yet. ... Well I have a ton to choose from there, but I used the "Just Because" die cut on the front of the card. The matching stamp set inside.
E - incorporate the emboss resist technique. I used this on the background paper. I used a lighter purple to highlight the clear embossing, then cut at angle and attached to the underside of the border die. I used the scrap half to die cut the flower and flower center. Then die cut some chartreuse felt leaves to finish the flower and use a base for the die cut sentiment.
This was a fun challenge and took all the "thinking what to do" out of it. I am going to keep my list and use for other birthday cards, etc. It will be fun to what those names will bring to the table.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment.
Hugs

Diane


1 comment:

Nancy said...

OMG Di, I didn't even see this challenge, what a cool idea and you knocked it out of the park. Love the piercing on the border die, the large polka dot embossing, the flower and especially the dark purple CS, fabulous job and good luck to you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails