January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Sis!

This is a card I made for my sister's 60th birthday coming up the end of the month.... but ssshhhhh... it's a secret. I really don't want her to see it yet; but she rarely uses a computer, so I think my secret creation is safe. I feel it came out really cute. For the main card I used red CS, then layerd heavy white CS embossed with the polka dots CB folder. Then I layered a piece of light pink CS, topped with patterned Sending Love Specialty DSP that was tied with a light pink organza bow. Then topped it off with a layer consisting of punched flowers of DSP using the 5 Petal Flower and Boho blossoms punches, hot pink brads were added to a few of the centers, two flowers popped up with dimensionals. The happy Birthday was stamped onto a whisper white scallop circle and mounted to a 2" red CS circle, added paper flower, brad and pink ribbon tails then popped up with dimensionals.

For the inside I cased and typed a verse on my PC from an email joke I received about getting 'older'.... oh my. If you can't read it from the picture the inside says..." I just wanted you to know you have entered the 'Snapdragon' part of your life... Part of you has snapped... and the other part is draggin' !!!" - Happy 60th!. At the inside bottom right Love You Much from the 'Well Scripted' stamp set was used. A few punched flowers blended well with other reversable Sending Love Specialty DSP papers. The design is pretty simple and straight forward and the colors from the new DSP give it a nice pop! 
 The Happy Birthday & Love You Much is from a new set named "Well Scripted" - just LOVE that font. The same font is also used on a new stamp set named "Whimsical Words" that you can obtain FREE from the Sale-a-Bration catty with any $50 order Jan. 5th thru Mar.31st. So start making your Wish List.

BOTH NEW CATALOGS are listed on the right column of this blog. Just click on one for a REVIEW to update your Wish List! Sale-a-Bration lasts until March 31st.

    Supplies used: Stamps 117072 Well Scripted (also available in the new cling stamps style), 117153 "Sending Love" Specialty DSP, 110711 Boho Blossoms punch, 109043 Scallop Circle punch, Marvey 2" circle punch, CB Polka Dot embossing folder, hot pink brads light pink organza ribbon & Red and light pink, and whisper white CS.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails