April 17, 2010

Summer Mini is Coming Soon!

Hi everyone. Been a while since my last post, but I've been out of the country and when I returned my pre-order from the new Summer Mini was waiting! Yippee. I wanted to post a few sneak peak cards I made with some of the new stamp sets coming May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog.
 The first three are from one of the new sets called "In a Word" that I know you're going to love. If you look close, you'll  see the play on words within each word.
The first is an Anniversary card, and the second is card is going into my pile for "From Our Hearts" which is group I support by sending homemade cards to our Troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now look close.... can you see the US in Marvelous? Can you see the ME in Remember? Cleaver hey?

,
The third card is for my dear friend's son and daughter-in-law at this very sad time. Looks like blue was my focus on all three. The photos just do not do the blashful blue color justice. It's soooo pretty.

The next card was a lot of fun and the name of the stamp set is called "King of Grill", which is perfect to be used for a masculine Birthday or Father's Day. I used the same stamp on both cards, but with different techniques.


Whew this is a lot of pictures for one post but I just got soooooo excited when my pre-order stamp sets arrived I went immediately down to the "Rafters" and got to work. My last peak from the new summer mini is a Tropical Treat box filled with lots of yummy chocolates and topped with a 3D rose. Hope you like!
This will be used for the hostess of the next person requesting a workshop or card class. I just realized I forgot to crop my photos... oooppps. Too late now. Well that's all for now. Hootie says Thanks for Stopping!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Di, when you shift into gear...lookout! Your cards are so cute and so many in one day!
Your use of the new stamp set "In a word" is very nice. Clever word usage too. I can see NOW I'll have to order that one. I like the way you used the smaller square as a layer, it appears to be corrugated paper, but I'm assuming it's a stripe paper. The little birds are so cute too. Absolutely LOVE the little "treat" box you know my passion for little boxes and the beautiful flower topping. Wish I were there to be the recipient. Very nice job on all cards.

Shannon said...

love.love.love - You are so creative!

Nance Leedy said...

Great cards, Diane. I like the circle highlighting just the bit on the king of the grill card--cool detail. And the island treat boxes are fab-u-lous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails