August 11, 2010

Square Lattice KISS

This post is going to feature two KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetie) cards. In other words... FAST!!
For both cards I featured the Square Lattice embossing folder.

A few weeks ago my sister-in-law, Kim and her mother, Adrian, stopped by to use a gift certificate in my store. As they looked in the catalog they asked me how the Awash with Flowers set worked. I just happed to have that set, so I grabbed a scrap piece of Whisper White CS and just stamped a few images on the piece. No stampa-ma-jig, nothing; just eye-balled it. I grabbed another stamp from Word Play (Great set) and added a sentiment. They seemed to LOVE it. After they left, I trimmed down the scrap and thought it didn't look half bad, so I matted it on another scrap of Pear Pizzazz CS and tied some organza ribbon from my stash.

Well now....  may as well keep going, right?  So I grabbed some Daffodil Delight CS, scored, folded and used the Square Lattice embossing folder and layered my front to the front! Finished off the inside with another scrap piece of W.W. added a small flower from the Awash set and also two sentiments from Messages for Mom from the Occassion Mini. Done! Turned out pretty cute.




Done!


The second card was even faster than the first...

Card base is Very Vanilla CS, scored, folded. Stamped all over with a flower from Friends Never Fade in Early Expresso.  Then I  used the Square Lattice embossing folder on my card front! Just love that lattice look!
I tied a piece of Peach Parfait ribbon around the front of the card with a simple knot. I stamped another image from the same Friends set in Early Expresso and colored in the flower with the Peach Parfait write marker. I matted that to a piece of Early Expresso CS and popped it up with dimensionals. 


The inside is a piece of Whisper White CS matted to Early Expresso CS. Stamped the flower in Early Expresso on the edge of the lower corner and colored lightly with the Peach Parfait write marker. The two inside sentiments are from Occasional Quotes a Level III hostess set.
  Done!

 Now go KISS something!

Card #1 Supplies:STAMPS: Awash with Flowers, Word Play, Messages for Mom, CS: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White. INK: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade, Early Expresso. Square Lattice embossing folder, stash ribbon.

Card #2 Supplies: STAMPS: Friends Never Fade, Occasional Quotes level III, CS: Very Vanilla, Early Expresso. INK: Early Expresso. Write Marker & Ribbon - Peach Parfait, Square Lattice embossing folder. 


Hootie says "Thanks for stopping by and please a comment".

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Adorable cards, love your "grab and go" method.

Nance Leedy said...

Really like your color combination on the first one and that Word Play stamp is so coool! Love all the square lattice embossing on both and love how you demo'ed it on the spot for your customers--Great idea!

Karen said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Diane. Even though these cards are the grab and go, they are beautiful. Great idea to demo on the spot. Always want to get the customers involved right away. I will take that suggestion to heart. Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails