April 14, 2011

Fashion Inspiration - Flowers PPA 89

Today's post is for the challenge at Pals Paper Arts "Flowers" challenge 89, and here is the inspiration photo.
So pretty and doesn't it say SPRING??? Yeah baby!
Well now on to my card..... which is using several new items available this spring.
I started with crumb cake CS for the base, then layered with a piece of soft suade CS. The next layer is the new yummy "Paisley Petals" DSP. Love this stuff and it does all the work!
I made a large flower by using my new Blossoms Punch for the cherry cobbler petals and a 1" circle punch in concord crush for the flower center.
I ran the pieces through the BS with a polka dot embossing folder. I glued the petal ends to the 1" circle with tom bow then free hand cut a stem of old olive.
 I glued the stem to the back and sandwiched them with another piece of concord cs. [I punch a larger 1 1/2" circle to sandwich the back of the flower pieces & stem for more stability]. I then used dimensionals to Pop Up the flower head. 
I made the flower leaves by using a scrap of olive ribbon tied in a knot, then a glue dot to attach to my stem.
 The sentiment is from the SAB set "So Happy for You" stamped in cherry cobbler on a very vanilla then punched with the Modern Label punch. A second modern label was punched in cherry chobbler; cut in half to anchor it; then popped up with a few dimensionals.
Here's a peek at the inside with touches of the front.

Hootie says "Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment. I hope you like my card today. Please stop by again!" DIANE

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love how your big flower reflects the design of the DSP - very pretty!

Carla said...

Now this is fabulous. I love it inside and out. My favorite is that polka dot flower and your ribbon leaves.... totally fabulous!!! You know I love those colors!!! Hugs,

Karen said...

Fabulous flower Diane. Isn't it great when a punch can do so much. I really like the bright colours you used and they match the paisley print paper so nicely. What stamp did you use for the inside of your card? It matches the punched flower so well. Enjoy your evening. PS I did send you an email...don't know if you got it. Hugs Karen

Nance Leedy said...

Wonderful use of the blossom punch Diane! And I love the arched stem that so perfectly matches the flowers on the DSP! Great job. ((hugs))

Nancy said...

Great design Diane, love your free hand cut stem and "leaves" and of course your flower mimicking the paper is fabulous great interpretation, girlfriend!

Melanie C said...

Beautiful card. I love how you designed the inside. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Diane, this is gorgeous! I love how you created the flower with the blossom punch and way to go on free-handing the stem. I would have SO messed that up! Lol! Just when I got done ooohh-ing and ahhh-ing o the outside, there you go with that beautiful inside. Love that stamped flower...a perfect compliment! Great job! Hugs! :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Diane! I love this paper. Of course, the flower is stunning!

PJ said...

Your beautiful flower card with paisley dsp has totally changed my feeling about that dsp. You went WAY above what I was coming up with. I wasn't sure I could make anything look good. You made a believer out of me. Thank for sharing your talent with the rest of us stampers. PJ

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails