November 27, 2011

FMS #12 Sketch - circle

Today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketches #12 challenge by Jen here
 I really should have played the peek-a-boo snowman card from my last post, but it was not a new creation, so quickly made another clean and simple card today. Here it is. 
Now first let me say, I'm the worst photographer of cards and today's wins the prize for worst ever! I've tried to take it about 10 times; with/without flash, with lights on/off, but it just doesn't come our correct at all. The DSP is retired SU paper that is a beautiful tans, deep red, and hunter green... this photo just looks blah.
 The flower was stamped in cherry cobbler ink on real red cs, with a few colored rhinestones in the centers, but.... well... and it looks almost plastic. The circle with the sentiment and leaves were stamped in hunter green ink, with the same colored sponged edges..then popped up with a few dimensionals. So all I can say to you is that it really is pretty in person.

Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray...Thanks for stopping by today!
Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
     Diane

13 comments:

Lauri said...

this is beautiful! and I can only imagine it looks better in real life! Don't our cards always look better in person?? Great job! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a lovely card ... the colours, and your poinsettia's are just divine and oh so festive!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Photographing cards makes me crazy as well~! I struggle with white, beige and anything pale! But your poinsettias are still gorgeous! Very pretty holiday card!

Nancy said...

A beautiful Christmas card Di, love the flower and the detail on the leaves is fabulous. I know what you mean though about seeing in person and photos, I guess we all struggle with this problem, but your card still looks "FAB"!

None None said...

Such a lovely card, Di! I understand your struggle with photo taking as well. I end up taking anywhere from 5-15 pictures of one card hoping to get the one shot that is "blog-worthy" and it's frustrating when none of them look even so-so. Love the rhinestone centers you added to the poinsettias - great touch! Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

I feel your pain about photographing cards so that they correctly capture the color. I always seem to have that problem. But even still, this card is beautiful. The poinsettias make a wonderful focal point. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Diane, I think your card is beautiful! It is always so tough to snap a photo that truly captures all of the detail a card has "in person". Why isn't there 3-d photography? Lol! Your poinsettias are such a wonderful focal point and that DSP is a gorgeous accent. Hope you had a fun weekend! Hugs! :)

Pam~ said...

I can only imagine how beautiful this card is in person because I think it is gorgeous here! I love your poinsettias ... so festive!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous, Diane! I just hate it when the photograph doesn't do the card justice! I think it is gorgeous though, so don't worry too much. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Diane! I LOVE the centers of the poinsettias! And I know exactly what you mean about photography woes! Some of my cards are so much prettier in person...especially those with glitter and other assorted forms of bling!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! That is really gorgeous. I love the way you used the sketch, and that flower is truly awesome. Really great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Christina said...

Lovely poinsettia card, Diane! It is so frustrating when you can't capture the true beauty of a card in a photo, but I'm sure this is even more beautiful in person. I love how you stamped the Cherry Cobbler onto red cardstock to give the flower more dimension!

Karen said...

Diane, you are way too hard on yourself. The card is fabulous and I like what you did with the poinsettia..stamping with cherry cobbler on real red. Turned out stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails