May 20, 2012

Puppy Shower... Really???

Hi there everyone! Seems like forever since I posted anything. I've been super busy and there's alot going on in my world right now, but I wanted to post "something" so I thought I'd share something pretty funny and a first for me.
My friend at work is getting a new puppy and she wants to throw a Puppy Shower! I thought she was kidding at first but ... NOPE... she's serious. She asked me to design an invitation she could send to her family and friends to combine a Bar-B-Q and a shower!! So here's what I came up with.
She even asked for the colors to be Brown and Pink. Too funny, right? I used the woodgrain background stamp on the dog house and also added some girly trim... the puppy's name is Ellie.
Instead of using the usual When: Where: Time: I thought I'd use some doggy commands. Come (date) - Sit (where) - Stay (time).  Hope she 'gets it" and  l I hope she likes my prototype.
 I think she just needed a reason to show off that cutie patootie puppy she'll be bringing home.

Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray... Thanks for stopping by today!
Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
Diane

5 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Diane, this is just too stinking cute!! I think the puppy shower sounds like a fun time, too. Hey, every new member of a family deserves to be welcomed in style, right? Hope you have a great week! Big hugs! :)

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh Diane, this is adorable. First off...the idea,then the invite. Love the paw print in the circle, the wood grain is perfect, but the "doggie" commands, beyond cute! Great job, my friend!

Nance Leedy said...

I have to admit that I said, what? Really? But AM is right--everyone deserves to be welcomed in style and this invite sure does the trick! Love the dog house on the front and the invite deets on the inside are beyond adorable! I'd say you filled this tall order full to overflowing! Woof, woof!

Pam~ said...

What a riot...love it! You did a fantastic job putting together this invitation! Sounds like a fun time will be had too.

Karen said...

Diane, this is so cute and what a great idea for introducing the puppy to the family. I love what you did with the inside instead of using the usual, place, time, etc. I am sure that fun will had by all including the puppy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails