June 14, 2012

Table Favor Treats

Just a quick post to show you the cute treat "surprise" boxes I made as table favors for my last class. They were so easy to make and I just followed the tutorial from Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Studio.  She has so many great ideas.
Here's my boxes:

Aren't they the cutest! AND they hold a lot! You can actually get 4 Reese's in them, however, I did not know that until they were finished (last minute) so they each got 2 and the bottom was filled with shredded basket material.
Each place setting had a matching bookmark attached to a small cello bag with strips of colored vellum for them to take home and punch butterflies, flowers, etc. The cello bag looks flat, but there is about 20 different vellum colors, but it doesn't look it in the photos, so you'll have to trust me.  
I also give them a paper bag to put their finished cards in, along with any SU flyer or tutorials I prepared for them.
Each box gets a belly band to cover the center where the two sides come together.
The flower on top was make from the Fun Flowers die, and this was a great way to use up some of my retired card stock and papers. This box is very generous in size and could hold a candle, a small jelly jar, and many other little gifts. So go watch Dawn's video and give it a try... it really is a snap. Thanks for the inspiration Dawn!

Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray... Thanks for stopping by today!
Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
 Diane

3 comments:

Pam~ said...

Wow, bet everyone had a great time at your get together! These boxes are adorable and filled with my favorite treat!

Karen said...

Pretty favors Diane. I am sure your class members enjoyed receiving their decorated boxes plus the other fabulous gifts you had for them. The stamped paper bag is a great idea and so is the use of retired DSP to decorate the box. I will have to try this out. Hugs Karen

Nancy said...

Yikes how did I miss commenting on these adorable treat boxes you made? Probably cause I received one and was overcome, they are adorable...even cuter in real life and the candy inside one of my many fav's.
They look adorable all lined up, it was hard to chose one.
Many thanks,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails