March 15, 2016

Spring is in the Air!

Hi every-ONE ... and You know who you are!
I want to share one of the cards for the April Card Class coming up. I just LOVE,  Love,  love Iris and the many shades of purple they bring. But... it wasn't always that way...  to think when I was young I thought they were so boring. 
I guess that is because they grew everywhere, along our drive and mixed with the Lily of  the Valley around our tree. They also popped up in our yard and my dad would dig them up and move them to the flower bed.... maybe.  
I always wished my mom took more interest in yard and the way it looked.  Our neighbors were the envy of everyone... and the yard was always blooming in another color each year and besides the perennials, they added annuals as well. Where as ours was ... dad threw in a few perennials he dug up on one his job locations (he was a carpenter) and he would dig a hole ... done! No thought process at all... then the seeds took over. They grew where they grew and multiplied each year.  He would even run them over with the lawn mover and you couldn't kill them if you wanted. 

 The first card is more equal purples and the second has several shade of the same.
Below you can see if you zoom in,  I popped up the third flower for dimension.
 
Now looking back... my parents were genius! Right? Not a lot of work and the flowers free and they WERE gorgeous!  Just took me a while to appreciate I guess.
My tulips are popping up as I type this!
 
Hugs
Diane

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely, Diane! The splash of tulips just screams spring and the addition of the butterfly is perfect. What a fun story about your parents--I think they had the right idea!

Nancy said...

Your iris flowers are gorgeous, love the variation of purple color and the repeat stamping process. The added butterfly nicely fills the spot.
Cute story of your parents landscaping process, I think they had the right idea! Glad to hear your tulips are beginning to pop up that's a sure sign Spring is on the way in MI, yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails