October 19, 2017

Holiday Spirit is in the Air!

It's getting to be that time of year again. We all start thinking of the Holidays and wonder just WHAT do we plan first! Right? So much happens so quickly.... No sooner do the little Gobblins leave your porch; that the Thanksgiving guests come filing through the front door.  If that's not enough to get your stress going.... and while the turkey is cooking, you start wondering how will I get my Christmas cards in the mail on time.


Well at least that's my mind set....
So with that in mind... here are few of the cards I am planning for the November Card class.


I plan to use the one card below (white with 3 die cut trees) again this month.  It was huge hit with the girls and it looks fabulous in many different DSP colors. Use your imagination and picture it in Cherry Cobbler, or Soft Pinks, or the many shades of Greens... or how about Black and White?




The next card is just a fun Winter Theme.... The air is crisp and you can feel winter right around the corner. This card's focal point - bird on a mailbox -  is highlighted by the many winter words of the back ground stamps. Does it make you want to cozy up with a cup of Hot Cocoa?


I changed up the color scheme in each card, but the overall design is still the same.
Which do you prefer?

Okay....I'll fess up. That really isn't a mailbox; it's a "for sale" sign. However, I snipped the hanging portion off because it was too distracting in black.  If you tilt your head and use your imagination you WILL see a mailbox. Right?

There will two more cards for class, but as of this posting I'm not committed to anything particular yet. However, I will share a card I made to send my grandkids Halloween $$$ Treat to them. It has long since been mailed but I still wanted to share. I did CASE this card from another blog, but can't remember which one ... sorry.

I really do like how it turned out.
Diane




1 comment:

Nancy said...

Di, you know I really liked your first card in this posting, I have since made a few as you say, in different colors for the backdrop, I even liked it so much I order those adorable little trees! Plus those who couldn't attend Oct., class will love the card too.
The "mail box" card is adorable, I absolutely love the repeat of the winter words as a backdrop and my preference is the first one with the red paper.

I'm sure your grandkids like the gothic looking crow, I think it's a great stamp and you colored your background very nice like the touches of yellow here and there.
Glad I'm going to be able to attend your November class, that'll be the last one for me, this year, as I'll be happily heading south.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails