January 16, 2011

Pals Paper Arts challenge Lady in Red {PPA76}

Well this is my second posting today. Both getting submitted just in the nick of time too! Whew...
 The PPA76 challenge was VERY challenging too. Here is the inspiration photo.
See what I mean?
Well here is what I came up with:

This card is done Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and shades of Grey and Black. I tore some pieces from the "Newsprint" DSP, and distressed all the edges and glued to the front.
I then layered a piece of ribbon trim and that I had sewn with some black tread in a criss-cross pattern.
 I stamped my sentiment in the Elisabeth stamp in cherry cobbler and then distressed the edges. Two pearls adorn the sides and it was popped up a few dimensionals. 
 My beginning inspiration came from this post on Ann Schach's blog a while back using "Elisabeth" which is one of my favorite stamps, but I forgot about it until I saw Ann's post, which made me want to do something special with it again. 
I punch out two hearts and ran them through the BS using the CB polka dots embossing folder then tucked them in behind the popped up sentiment.


 I did the same cobbler distressing to the small flowers that were in my stash.
The inside is finished with a touch of the DSP.

Well that's enough for one day!
Hootie says "Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment".

7 comments:

Pam~ said...

Wow, love your card! The layers of torn paper is so eye catching! Wonderful take on the photo inspiration!

Cards by Gina said...

Love all the details on your beautiful card, Diane! Great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you captured the mood of that picture perfectly! This is beautiful!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous Diane, just beautiful. Love what you did with the elizabeth stamp. Great idea!

Carla said...

What a beauty, Diane!!! I love that torn paper, too. Your details are fabulous. Hugs,

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow!! Love the shabby chic feel to this one! The torn papes are awesome! Very elegant! :)

Rose Castillo said...

So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails