March 24, 2011

Embossing - PPA86

Hi there.
Today's post is another quick one for the Pals Paper Arts challenge #86 - "Embossing". The challenge is to use embossing on your card any way you like. So with that said here is my card which needs very explanation of how it went together.
I started with Natural White card stock for the base ran that through my Big Shot with the "Framed Tulips" embossing folder. Then I filled the center with some of my favorite DSP - Sweet Pea [retired]. I know it's retired, but I keep hoping it will come back in the new IBC.. a girl can dream; right?
The sentiment on the scallop circle is from the SAB set "So Happy for You" stamped in melon mambo ink and matted on a scalloped melon mambo cs circle, then popped up with a few dimensionals. The second sentiment is stamped on a scrap of vellum, gave it a quick curl with my bone folder, then I cut the banner end and secured it to the card front with a glue dot.
To hide the glue dot showing through the vellum I added a pretty Designer Brights Button with another glue dot. Then I couldn't stop until I topped it off with a gorgeous PEARL with yet another glue dot!  Just love those little pearls, don't you? 
 The inside is scraps of the same Sweet Pea DSP - corner photo punched pieces of the opposite side of the DSP. The sentiment is stamped on W.W. and I added a few butterflies from the "So Happy for You" SAB set.
Done!
See told you it was a quick post!



Hootie says "Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave a comment".

Hugs!

Diane

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love that DSP too! I still have some left - better get it out because this is adorable!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable DSP! Of course, my favorite touch is the pearl on the button! Love it!

Pam~ said...

Cute, oh so cute, Diane! I'm with the rest of the Pals and you, love that DSP!

Nancy said...

Di, this is so cute, and you know I too love this DSP, love your take on it. Good luck in the challenge.

Linda said...

Thanks, Diane, for another way to hide the attaching of the vellum. Great DSP--wish they still had it. And I just discovered your card for you sis. I love that you've used that DSP in a happy way that doesn't look too 'valentiny'. I want to make that card for sure!

Carla said...

Oh I love your card, lady!!! The crisp white with that DSP and Embossing is gorgeous!!! Hugs,

Anne Marie Hile said...

Cute, happy and fun, Diane! Love the pops of color on the white background. Love how you added the vellum and the inside is as pretty as the front! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails