May 8, 2011

Brother's Birthday {PP46} color challenge.

Hi again! Wow two posts in one day! I just posted my card this morning for the PPA challenge ... then I was soooooo excited to see a new challenge at the Paper Players ; another color challenge that fits the birthday card, I made for my brother's birthday tomorrow, perfectly! Here are the colors.

 And here's my card.

I actually had this card done a fewweeks ago but went back and added the twine and tags when I got the inspiration from Ann Schach's card a few posts back here.  She is also my spritzer hero too. I 'finally' got the hang of that spritzer after I called SU and got mine replaced. Now I don't have to feel like a spritzer stumper!
I started with marina mist card stock for the base and stamped the compus lightly on the top right corner, then built my card layers using the new "Nautical Expedition" DSP and new stamp set "The Open Sea"... LOVE this set!
I layered a few strips of the DSP to the front then I stamped the ship's log on basic white and spritzed and distressed it and curled the corner.
 I also stamped the ship on another piece of basic white and die cut then distressed and spritzed this piece; I stamped the sentiment in cherry cobbler and then matted this piece with cherry cobbler die cut before attaching to the front with pop dots.
The finishing touch (thanks Ann) was to wrap some cherry cobbler baker's twine and add a few tiny tags with a piece of blue floss.
The inside is finished with touches of DSP and more of the Open Sea, then the sentiment was stamped in cherry cobbler.
One more stamp on the envelope... Done!

I REALLY like how it turned out... hope my brother does too!

 Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray...Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
 Diane

12 comments:

Nancy said...

What man wouldn't love this card, such nice paper and the color combo is great. I really like the 3 wraps of twine with the itty-bitty tags down the side. Great job, again.

Ann Schach said...

This is a fabulous card, Diane! So many wonderful details. You did a great job spritzing. I really like how you used the Baker's Twine! Thanks for the shout out and for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Diane, this is stunning! I love all of the great elements you added to create the perfect nautical theme! The twine and the bity tags top it off perfectly and you can never go wrong with that Spritzer. Absolutely awesome, in every way! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players again this week! Hugs! :)

Carrie Sampsel said...

Oh...this is a fantastic card. I love everything about it!! TFS
www.carriesscrapyard.com

LeAnne said...

This is a great card....in fact, I cased this one by Ann too!!! Maybe I'll post it next week! Thanks for being such a faithful PP player!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, this is a great card Diane!! Love the angled pieces and all the baker's twine. You really have gotten the hang of that confounded spritzer! Great job and so glad you could join us again at The Paper Players! ((hugs))

Kimberly S. said...

WOW!! LOOOOVE this card!! Could you possibly tell me what dies those 2 are? I absolutely love them, and would LOVE to buy them! Thanks!! Kimberly

Heidi said...

Great card and I like all of the textures you added to the card. Totally forgot I had Smooch Spritz...thanks for the reminder that I should start using it on my cards! ;)

sharon said...

Your brother is going to love the card! Thanks for the class, Teach! Of course my card doesn't look quite as good as yours, but loved making it. However, I have to work on my spritzing ability! Great idea....it adds so much to the card! Love your ideas...they never stop! Smiles

Karen said...

Fabulous card Diane. I like how you finished the card with the baker's twine that makes it look like book binding. Awesome colours and Ann is the greatest for inspiration. Hugs Karen

Rita W said...

Awesome card! I try to pick up new tips and tricks from Ann as well. She is such an amazing stamper! I love your spritzing and tags. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players.

None None said...

What a fabulous card, Diane! I love the spritzing you did! Ann does a fabulous job inspiring people with her color spritzer, doesn't she? I think she should demo that for SU at convention since she's inspired so many of us. But your card is fabulous with all of the layers and the details you've added with the twine and tags.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails