May 10, 2010

Tropical Party Birthdays

One of the new stamp sets from the Summer Mini is call Tropical Party and the new DSP - Island Oasis  and colors make you want to do just that.... PARTY!!!  Well as I was waiting for the "box" to arrive on my porch with all the new sets, I had to use another set to create the feeling of the new set that was soon to arrive. It's pretty close to Tropical Party and I sure hope my friends liked them. These were two of many birthday cards for my gal pals.You can't really see the sparkle, but there is a touch of stickles in the middle of each flower.
I made two of the same layout and one fun gift box to match.

OH BOY! The 'box" arrived today so when I got home.... you guessed it. Down to the 'Rafters" to create some more birthday cards using the new set... Tropical Party.  Anyway, Here is a few more of the May birthday cards I made using the summer mini set.
Since I had 10.... yes TEN birthdays just in early May, I kept using the same set and colors but mixed it up a little with each one. Here is a few others.
I really like the pumpkin pie for a nice "pop" of Tropical PARTY!

Here's two using the Tropical Party stamp with Island Oasis DSP inside and out.
Seeeeeeeeeee pretty close, right?
Ooohhh I'm getting thirsty for an umbrella drink.

This one is more simple with a sentiment saying "Take a Moment" from the Level 1 Hostess set.
Last but not least, I just HAVE to post the birthday card I got from my up-line Nance over at Canopy Crafts.  I call it Hootie!

Is this not the cutest little owl you ever did see?
Well I know it was a lot of photos, but I couldn't help myself.
Hootie says "Thanks for stopping by" and please leave a comment.
Hootie just LOVES that!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Diane, love your birthday cards, gosh you've got a lot of friends (10 cards for May alone). I especially like my card, I really like the Island Oasis stamp set and how clever of you to add two rows of scallop border trim, nice touch. The colors are really tropical and make one want to hop off to an island, Great job, gal pal! Love YOUR birthday card "Hootie" too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails