January 22, 2012

Black & White for the Penguins! (CFC36)

This post is for the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays honoring the penguin. The challenge says your entry must be JUST black and white without a spec of any other color.
I wanted to make a few cards to have on hand just to write a good ole' fashioned note, so I was happy to play along and use up some of the scrap Night & Day DSP (retired) filling my files. I think the DSP blended great with a few of the stamps from "Established Elegance" and "Happy Greetings". I think it works for the challenge and for what I had in mind too. Here is my clean and simple card for CFC36 Penguin Suit.
I used two sizes of the brand new SU "framelit labels" dies, LOVE these.
Here is a peek at the inside.
 A touch on the envelope too.

Well this went so smooth and fast I decided to make another one but flipped it vertical this time.

Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray... Thanks for stopping by today!
      Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"

Diane

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Diane this is gorgeous I love the large swirl and the frame dies are perfect. I'd say you're right on target for the challenge,
I was just uploading my card for the same challenge...great minds think alike, both used large frames!

Pam~ said...

Elegant cards to sure make someone's day extra special! I love that DSP! Great cards, Diane! I love it when something works well and you can make more of them!

LeAnne said...

This is really pretty, Diane!

Virginia L. said...

Your composition for this card just flows so beautifully! Love your take on the black and white challenge! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!Hope to see your beautiful work again!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow!! These are so elegant and I just love how the swirl fits the design so beautifully. Gorgeous work, as always! :)

Nance Leedy said...

These are gorgeous Diane! Love the classic and elegant look of the swirled paper, label frames and the black/white color combination. The polka dot ribbon is the perfect accent piece...love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails