March 6, 2011

Sew Suite - {PPA 83} Color challenge

Hi again!
Can't even believe I'm posting again today, but thought I'd try another challenge since the weather stinks! So after playing around all day I decided to to post this card for the Pal Paper Arts color challenge #83, and here are the pretty colors.
I decided to use the my new stamp set Sew Suite  from the Occasions mini for this challenge and here is my card.
I have very little baja breeze anything so I hunted through my stash and found this Elegant Soiree' DSP to help me out.
I matted a piece of DSP on some crumb cake cs and glued to the card front.
Then I stamped the dress forms on a piece of whisper white and then stamped again on some DSP; cut out and glue to the forms.
 I first saw this inspiration from both Nance Leedy my up-line and Ann Schach, as well as a few more stampers out there in blog land, but this was not my original idea. 
  I stamped the buttons card from Sew Suite in crumb cake on W.W. and cut it out. Then die cut some buttons in heavier SDSP and threaded with linen thread then glue to the button card with glue dots.
I also scrunched some baja breeze seam binding and tucked it behind and over the two front elements that are popped up with a few dimensionals.

The inside sentiment is a stamp from "Puns from the Past" and fits perfectly with this theme. I also stamped the tape measure from "Sew Suite" on a scrap of baja breeze and cut it out. Then I scrunched it up as well and tucked behind the mat then glued down here and there with some tom bow glue.
I colored the end of the tape measure with a silver paint pen (I think this IS my idea because I've not seen it out there in blog-land) to make it look like a real tape measure.
This finishing touch was to line my envelope with more Elegant Soiree' DSP. Done!

Hootie says "thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment".

12 comments:

None None said...

Gorgeous!!! I love that Elegant Soiree DSP and your card showcases it so wonderfully. I love how you featured the tape - so stinkin' clever!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this stamp set - it makes the best cards and yours is no exception - inside and out it is cute as a button! And those buttons are pretty darn cute as well :-)

Melanie C said...

Very pretty!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Diane! There are so many wonderful details...I don't know where to start! The scrunchy ribbon, the paper piecing, the silver on the tip of the tape measure...all of them are fabulous! And then, the inside is just as pretty as the outside. You hit a home run with this one, Diane! And thanks for the sweet shout out, too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at you! You are a busy gal today! Love how you put this together with the Elegant Soiree DSP! That tape measure idea...one word...FABULOUS! Beautiful card and the decorated envelope is the icing on the cake! :)

Karen said...

Wonderful card Diane. I like the effect with the ribbon, how did you do it? The measuring tape is fabulous and looks so real...I do not have this set...used to sew in a business in another life and just got burned out...all I can do to hem a pair of pants. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and hugs back to you.

Nancy said...

Wow 2 posts in one day, you go girl!
Love the Sew Suite card, the designer paper is one of my favorites and you certainly did it justice. Fabulous idea with the end of the tape measure you know everyone will be using that now too. The button card is very cute, nice touch.

Carla said...

Oh Diane, this is awesome. I just love all those awesome details. That tape measure is awesome!!! Love those buttons too. Hugs,

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely PPA card Diane! Sew Suite and Elegant Soiree are two of my very favorites! Love the paper pieced mannequins and the button card is adorable. Love the inside too and even a fancy envelope! Great job!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Fun cards, Diane! Thank goodness for fun things to do when the weather is a drag! :)

kay said...

What a classy card! You really put your card to the top! I love the way it has a designer touch to it. An original! Thanks for sharing and leaving a comment in my blog too :) Hugs, Kay!

Mary said...

I have not purchased the set thatyou have used on your card because I had no idea what I would do with it all I can say after seeing yor card is WOW! Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love both the outside and the inside of your card. One very lucky person will be getting a beautiful card from you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails