March 6, 2011

Spring has Sprung {PP37}

Happy Sunday everyone.

Today I'm posting for the Paper Players Theme challenge {PP37} "Spring has Sprung"!  I for one can't wait for spring to get here. We just got socked with another 3" of snow after seeing the grass last week... Enough already!

Well back to my card which is pretty easy to figure out. I wanted use up some of my old DSP scraps (retired) as well some new things from the Occasions Mini and the SAB sets.  Here is my 'spring' card.
The card base is Peach Parfait CS embossed with the 'Framed Tulips' EB. I matted a piece of Sweet Pea DSP (retired) onto bashful blue cs.
The DSP does all the work on this card, so I just touched up a few butterflies with some sparkles.

I took a piece of baja breeze Seam Binding and pulled the center string to gather it; then wrapped around the matted DSP before attaching matted DSP to the card front. 
The sentiment is inked in peach parfait on whisper white cs then punched with the circle scallop punch.  The sentiment is from one of the FREE SAB sets; "Punch Bunch".  This entire set fits current punches and it's so nice to know you don't have cut them out!  I then popped up this sentiment with a couple dimensionals to the lower right corner. 
The inside shows touches of the front, but I just inked the flower portion of the stamp separately with a marker and added below the inside sentiment.  

Hootie says "Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment".  

9 comments:

None None said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the glittered butterflies and the seam binding treatment! It sure does feel like a springy card!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Diane! I love, love, love those "blingy" butterflies! The gorgeous DSP works perfectly with the Peach Parfait card stock! Thanks for playing with the Players!

Nancy said...

Di very pretty and Spring-like, especially love the inside of your card, good luck!

LeAnne said...

I love the little extras you added to your lovely spring card! Bright & cheerful! thanks for playing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Yup, Diane...it is pretty much perfect! Love how you mixed that DSP with Peach Parfait. The glitter...you know I love the glitter...it was sprinkled perfectly to accent your mages. I really like everything about your card! :)

Carla said...

Oh I love it, it reminds me of one of those fancy clay pots full of flowers and butterflies swarming around. Now thats spring!!! I hope your snow melts fast!!! hugs,

Nance Leedy said...

I love this card! The DSP is just perfect for our spring challenge and I love the pop of orange as the base. Having received this card in person today (thank you, thank you!) I can honestly say that it is even more glittery IRL. Love the glittered butterflies and the inside is just perfect! Thanks for playing with the Players this week and thank you so much for thinking of me! :-)
hugs, Nance

jaydee said...

Diane, loved that you showed us the inside as well as the outside. Great use of the Tulip embossing folder, it really does frame the butterfly montage beautifully. Love that you blinged up the butterflies, too! The little bit of scrunched ribbon works beautifully
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Wow, Diane! This is so pretty. Now, I must buy this stamp set.
Thank you for playing with us!

xo, Marian
The Paper Players March 2011 Guest Designer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails