October 22, 2011

Watercooler Llama Holiday Hop! Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas



This post is for the Watercooler Llama Holiday Hop. If you are following the HOP in order you should have arrived from Debbie Martin's blog. The HOP rules are to make three projects, any holiday of your choice, however, ONE must be a 3D project. .... AND...... It's my very FIRST HOP ever! I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time. Excited to participate but nervous because I don't really understand it all yet and I really hope I linked everything correctly. So with that being said, here are my Watercooler Holiday HOP projects.
PROJECT #1 Halloween Treat Holder
Let's start with Halloween. I made a 3D Witch Hat Candy Holder.
 I used the Petal Cone die and embossed with the Spider Web embossing folder. The base of the hat is a circle cut with my Cricut. I shaded with rich razzleberry ink, added a few strips of  DSP for a band then I tied a rich razzleberry ribbon around the base.
The sentiment from "Hand-Penned Holidays" is stamped and distressed with rich razzleberry ink on piece of whisper white cs with flagged ends. I added to the witch hat with glue dots at the center.
Now for the fun part. When you turn it upside down you find the prize! Two flaps of the Petal Cone die go through two slits in the large circle to form a closure. The other two flap of the die make a easy access to the candy, yet stay closed enough to prevent spillage of the same.
 This photo below shows it closed with a paper clip, but this will be replaced by pieces of magnet sheet. I only hope it holds, otherwise plan 'B' is velcro closings.

Done!
  I hope you like my 3D Witch Hat candy holder. You can find detailed instructions of many demos by typing "petal cone witch hat" into any search engine.

PROJECT #2 Thanksgiving Favor
For my next project I made another 3D table favor for Thanksgiving (or Fall).
 This favor used two cuts from the milk carton die. Here it is ...
Isn't he the cutest little acorn guy ever? I found this punch art acorn from a free tutorial at Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie; check it out! I used dark green cs for the milk carton pieces. Once together I added a strip of DSP as a band and decorated with some leaves stamped from "French Foliage" directly on DSP scraps then fussy cutting them, adding to the box with glue dots.
Here's a peek at the back.
I punch holes around the top flaps and strung with hemp twine and tied a bow.
The little acorn was punched using the ornament punch and a few partial pieces of large and small ovals make the hat and smile. (It's all in the tut). The silver brad was colored with a pumpkin pie write marker. The cheeks come to life with a touch of ink and dauber end, then the eyes are made with a black write marker; hat, cheek and eye highlights from a white gel pen.
"Thanks" from "Fabulous Phrases" was stamped in soft suede on very vanilla and punched with an oval punch, then glued to a piece of cameo coral and punched with the tag punch. It was added with one of the new mini clothespins to the twine! Done!

PROJECT #3 Christmas Card
My third and final project is a Christmas card using the new "Stocking Builder" punch. Here's my card.
It's a pretty simple assembly using lucky limeade cs as a base,then layered with Jolly Holiday DSP (retired and I'm so sad) and I thought this DSP looked like a fireplace. How about you?
I stamped 'believe' in cherry cobbler ink on a piece of very vanilla then drew a line 1/4" inside the edge with a cherry cobbler write marker to connect the sentiment.
I punched two stockings with the Stocking Builder punch from various DSP scraps and assembled, then added some bling with dazzling diamonds. I used a 1/8" hole punch a the top of each stocking,  then tied a bow with cherry cobbler bakers twine. I added to the front with dimensionals. Now we're all ready for SANTA!  Done!
I hope you like my Stocking Builder punch Christmas card. I look forward to any comments on my first HOP attempt.
 I hope you enjoyed viewing my three Watercooler Llama Holiday HOP projects and your next stop on the HOP is Heather!
So to see her fabulous projects just click the box below...


If you would like to return to main page of the  Llama HOP blog click the box below...
SWAP CARD FRONT
For those that did not play this time, here is my SWAP card.
Hootie says " Hoot Hoot Hooray...Thanks for stopping by today!
Please leave a comment with your thoughts; I hope you will stop by again!"
     Diane

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Such FUN, beautiful projects.
Jackie

Debbie Martin said...

Love your projects! Especially your witch hat, great job!
Debbie

Nancy said...

Yippee for you Di, your first blog hop, I'm impressed and look at all your goodies. Love 'em all, but my favorite is definitely the "witch hat" so darn cute and even better in RL. I really like your Christmas tree card with the itsy red bird, so nice. Great job posting too

Created by Kath said...

WOW!!! yup 3 of them! Amazing work.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Holy macaroni, Diane! This is a whole bunch of holiday goodness, right here! Wowza!! I love that little acorn guy and the sweet little expression on his face. I would say that you rocked the hop for sure! Big hugs! :)

Pam~ said...

Looks like you are a pro at hopping! These all awesome projects! I love your milk carton ... such a cutie!

Martha said...

You covered all the holidays. I have such admiration for people who can do 3-D, and you have done suh a great job! I love the stocking card -- you're right, that paper oes mimic a fireplace. And I can hardly wait to get my hands on that swap. Excellent work, Diane!!

Christine said...

Awesome, Diane. I love your projects, especially that little acorn guy.

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable - all three! And I love that swap card.

Mary said...

I like the witch hat (and the goodies inside) and the little acorn is so case-able.
Nice job!
Mary

KatheD said...

oooo Diane, everything is amazing, so cute, clever, and detailed, I love them all, and I can hardly wait to see the swap in real life - it looks beautiful!

That Little Nut said...

These are all great, Diane - I love the clever way you made the hat easy to open without destroying it! I'll be trying that on my next one

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, Diane these are just the cutest! Congratulations on your first blog hop--how cool are you?! All the projects are fab but I LOVE the witch hat and that little acorn guy is so stinkin' cute! Way to go on the HOP! (hugs)

Stephanie Osgood said...

Diane, your projects look like they were so much fun to make. Very cute! I will have to add the witch's hat to my list of projects to try, along with probably the other projects as well. Great job!

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful projects, Diane. My favorite is the Christmas tree with the bird.

April Aldstadt said...

Wow, great projects! The hat and the box can be changed up for many other party ideas as well! Love the card with the stockings.

Carla said...

Oh you did a fabulous job with your first hop!!! I love your projects, but the little acorn is tops for me!! Love your swap front too. Gorgeous. Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous projects, Diane! Wow! The "Acorn Kid" is just adorable! I love them all...what can I say!

Karen said...

Fabulous projects Diane. I love them all and will have to try one or two or... The witches hat with the candy inside is ingenious. You did a great job of posting as everything was there for all to see. You have been busy!!! Hugs Karen

Julie Marshall said...

Wow...that hat is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails